2. Place 500g caster sugar together with 20 egg yolks in a bowl and whisk together.
3. Add the milk and whisk continuously.
4. Place bowl over simmering water bath and cook to coat back of wooden spoon
5. Pass through strainer and cool, mixing it occasionally
6. Add 600ml of cream to the cold mixture and mix. Pour into and ice-cream machine
container and freeze, Remove when ready
Chocolate Ice Cream
If you are making chocolate ice-cream then you will need to put in chopped chocolate into the mixture before cooling
If you are making raspberry ice-cream, then you will need to cook the raspberry with sugar and water to make the juice then blend and pour in to mixture when cool.
I also made Rum and raisin
For this just put raisin's in a sauce pan and cover with rum and simmer on a low heat until the rum is almost dissolved. then pour it into the cool ice ream mixture.